What is it?
Dairyland Farmworld is a ‘farmtastic” adventure park. Find it just outside of Newquay. The Sat Nav postcode is TR8 5AA.
Toddlers & Preschool / 5 – 8
Babies. This park may feel a bit childish to older children.
£££ – Adult tickets are £10.50. Children who are over 80cm in height cost £8 and those under go in for free. There are three family saver tickets, one for a family of 3, a family of 4 and a family of 5, which are good value for money. When paying full admission (so not using a saver ticket), you can visit the park an unlimited amount in the space of seven days.
What’s on offer
It’s an all-weather attraction providing children with hours of entertainment.
Come and see the cute farm yard animals at Dairyland Farmworld- including but not limited to cows, alpacas, emus and sheep. There are a variety of fun talks, pony rides, handling/bottle-feeding opportunities and cow-milking sessions on throughout each day, which combine to make up the main part of the attraction. Check the full timetable for exact, up-to-date timings so you can plan your visit accordingly.
One of the big rainy-day draws is the Bull Pen, a rather large children’s play area with climbing nets, drop slides, ball pools and the tumble tower across 12,000sq ft of indoor terrain. There are also outdoor trampolines, sand pits, assault courses, zip wires and a huge maze.
There’s also an educational side to the attraction, with the Cornish Heritage Museum collecting the most interesting elements of rural farm history for your family’s enjoyment. There’s also the awesome Tractor House, which is definitely one ride to take your kids on! If your family needs a break from playing or are tired after exploring one of Dairyland Farmworld’s age-appropriate, wildlife-filled nature trails, you can always sit back, relax and perhaps enjoy a homemade picnic in the lovely Gardens on site.
Clarabelle’s Kitchen is the attraction’s café and they also have a gift shop, so if you need to stop for a crib (that’s a Cornish tea break) then this is the place to do it. There are also crib huts along the nature trail.
Facilities at Dairyland Farmworld include toilets and lots of hygienic hand-washing areas (find them at the Hay Barn, Bull Pen, Pony Stable, Park Toilets and at the main entrance/exit). The site is generally pushchair accessible.
What to watch out for
- The park is open from the end of March – end of October. Please check the website for full, up-to-date opening times. The play area Bull Pen, however, is open all year round.
- Admission price does not include Pony Rides, Hay Rides, Mini Tractors, Electronic Excavators and Raging Bulls. These cost £1 each.
- The pony rides are only on twice a day, so there will be queues. Check the timetable and get there early to ensure your child lands right at the front.
- You must wear socks in the Bull Pen.
- Make sure your child keeps their hands clean, especially after any contact with an animal and before eating so that no germs spread within your family or across the farm. There are hand-washing facilities all over the site.
- Only feed animals using food purchased at the shop or give to you at reception.
- Please be aware that the animals here may bite or peck if they’re being chased or teased. Usually, though, they’re harmless, friendly and tame.
- Saver ticket, family picnic and a well-planned day means you can get a full, reasonably priced day out from just this attraction. You could always pop into Newquay, too, if it’s not quite enough for your kids.
What the owners say
“Enjoy the fun of an all weather attraction providing entertainment for the whole family… rain or shine.
Dairyland Farm World, near Newquay, Cornwall offers a fantastic adventure park to suit all ages. From slides to the nature trail, tractor rides and pony rides, to milking the cows, feeding our animals and touring our museums. A visit to our fun farm promises a great value family day out!”
Visit the official Dairyland Farmworld website
More MFM guides to Cornwall:
Cornish Seal Sanctuary
Holywell Bay Fun Park