❚ MadeForMums reviews are independent and based on expertise and testing. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, but this never influences our product choices.
How to face paint an Easter bunny: step-by-step guide
Follow our easy picture guide to create a face-painted Easter bunny in minutes
Published: March 31, 2022 at 5:20 pm
Turn your child into the Easter bunny with face paints! We've got a step-by-step guide to show you how to do it for your child just like the professional face painters do...
- Face paints in the following colours: white, pink, black (see 4 of the best face paints for children, below)
- A medium brush
- A damp sponge
Here's how to face-paint an Easter bunny for your child...
First, paint the white base
- With the sponge and the white paint, create a bunny-shaped base over your child's nose, eyelids, lower forehead, cheeks and top lip.
- Dab a little white paint over the middle of your child's lower lip
Next add the pink details
- With the brush and the pink paint, carefully draw two large arches, one over each of your child's eyes.
- Pop a dot on their nose.
- Use the sponge to create a rosy edge to the cheeks.
4 of the best face paints for children
- Snazaroo Ultimate Party Pack Face Paint Kit, £13.74: Contains 12 2ml colour pots, 2 glitter gels, 4 sponges, 2 brushes and a face-painting guide. Age 3+
- Djeco Face Paint Set, £6: Contains 6 x 2ml face paints, a sponge and a brush. Age 3+
- BioKidd Natural Face Body Paint Wash, £23.90: Contains 10 x 10ml pots of paints, made with beeswax/clay/mineral-based ingredients and ready to use without wash. No brush supplied. Age 3+
- Galt Face Painting Set, £10.99: Contains 12 face paint discs, 2 brushes, 4 sponges, adhesive stencils and a guide. Age 5+
Then add the finishing touches
- With the black paint, draw on the whiskers and eye details.
- Outline the pink dot on the nose with a heart shape.
- Define the mouth and draw a upside-down triangle between the top lip and nose. Fill in the triange.
- Add 2 'teeth' by drawing a vertical line in the middle of the white paint on your child's lower lip.
And you're done!
- See more face-painting ideas at Snazaroo
For more Easter fun:
Simple ways to help your child learn to be clever with money
Make learning about money simple and fun for your kids with these easy tips.