Turn your child into the Easter bunny with face paints! We've got easy, step-by-step guides to show you how to do it for your child just like the professional face painters do: you can either watch our how-to video (above) or follow our photo steps (below).
Huge (Easter) hat tip to ace facepainters Fi Jennings and Emma Rodgers, both from our Top Testers Club: Fi is the one painting her son Hamza's face in our step by step video, and Emma provided the photo-step pics, with her daughter Mya as model.
- Face paints in the following colours: white, pink, black (see 4 of the best face paints for children, below)
- A medium brush
- A damp sponge
Here's how to face-paint an Easter bunny, step by step...
With the sponge and the white paint, create a bunny-shaped base over your child's nose, eyelids, lower forehead, cheeks and top lip. Dab a little white paint over the middle of your child's lower lip
With the brush and the pink paint, carefully draw 2 large arches, one over each of your child's eyes. Pop a dot on their nose. Then, use the sponge and the pink paint to create a rosy edge to the cheeks.
4 of the best face paints for children
- Snazaroo Ultimate Party Pack Face Paint Kit, £13.74: Contains 12 2ml colour pots, 2 glitter gels, 4 sponges, 2 brushes and a face-painting guide. Age 3+
- Djeco Face Paint Set, £6: Contains 6 x 2ml face paints, a sponge and a brush. Age 3+
- BioKidd Natural Face Body Paint Wash, £23.90: Contains 10 x 10ml pots of paints, made with beeswax/clay/mineral-based ingredients and ready to use without wash. No brush supplied. Age 3+
- Galt Face Painting Set, £10.99: Contains 12 face paint discs, 2 brushes, 4 sponges, adhesive stencils and a guide. Age 5+
With the brush and black paint, draw on the whiskers and eye details. Draw an upside-down triangle between the top lip and nose., and then fill it in. Outline the pink dot on the nose with a heart shape. Add 2 'teeth' by drawing a vertical line in the middle of the white paint on your child's lower lip. You might want to paint the test of the lower lip pink, too, to make the teeth stand out.
And you're done!
Pics: Emma Rodgers. Video: Fi Jennings. Video edit: Janet Mtima
For more Easter fun:
Six big family moments that matter – and the products that make them easier to navigate
These products from John Lewis & Partners help support the memorable moments of family life.