Sweet potato and lentil puree
- Preparation and cooking time
- A little work
- A knob of unsalted butter
- 1 Carrot, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 60g Red lentils
- 200g Sweet potato, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 Bay leaf
- 475ml Very low salt vegetable stock or water
- STEP 1
Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- STEP 2
Add the sweet potato, bay leaf and stock or water.
- STEP 3
Bring to the boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils and vegetables are soft.
- STEP 4
Remove the bay leaf, then blend into a puree, or mash for older babies.
- STEP 5
Combine the sweet potato with chunks of squash and white potatoes for a tasty winter stew for older toddlers.