Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
Makes 6 portions
Suitable for freezing
• 20g (1oz) butter
• 1 leek, sliced
• 150g (5oz) braising steak, cubed
• 1tbsp flour
• 100g (4oz) button mushrooms, sliced
• 275g (10oz) sweet potato, peeled and chopped
• 300ml (½pt) chicken stock
• juice of 1 orange
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, 160º fan oven, 350°F, gas 4. Melt the butter in a casserole and sauté the leek for about 4 minutes until softened.
2. Roll the meat in the flour and add to the leek and sauté until browned. Tip in the mushrooms and sauté for another minute. Add the sweet potato, stock and orange juice.
3. Bring to the boil, transfer to the oven and cook for 1 hour, 15 minutes, or until the meat is tender.
4. Blend to the desired consistency.
For more on nutrition and for Annabel Karmel’s recipes, log on to www.annabelkarmel.com