Colourful decorative extras give baby and children’s clothing the cute X-factor. From multi-hued dresses, to beautifully crafted skirts and necklines – the applique trend is a great spring/ summer must-have for little ones.
- Pink short sleeve blouse, £20, Mamas & Papas. (Ages 0 to 23 months)
- Baby applique sun dress, £14, M&S. (Available late March)
- Beige cotton flower applique skirt, £22. Laura Ashley Girls. (Ages 2 to 8 years)
- Autograph cotton crochet tunic, £9, M&S. (Ages 3 to 24 months)
These punchy, bright gingham prints are a great alternative to checks. From laid back chunky gingham, to baby twin sets and quirky shirts – this trend comes in many different guises.
- Gingham blouse and bloomer, £20, Little White Company. (Ages 0 to 24 months)
- Blue check shirt, £35, No Added Sugar. (Ages 3 to 12 years)
- 3-piece gingham set boys, £36, Mamas and Papas. (Ages 0 to 23 months)
- Boys orange and white gingham shirt set, £15, Baby K for Mothercare. (Ages 3 months to 5 years)
Pretty polka dots are back once again and this timeless trend looks great in big spots in punchy colours.
- Spotty jersey dress, £10, Mothercare. (Ages 18 months to 8 years)
- Red spotty dress, £6, Florence and Fred at Tesco. (Available end of March)
- Blue beach scene dress, £18, Mothercare. (Ages 0 to 3 years)
- Spotted dress with frills, £17.99, Zara. (Age 6 to 9 months)
Ahoy! The sailor chic trend is back with a bang, with quirky boat prints and anchor decorated babygros.
- Fifties boat dress, £24, Mini Boden. (Ages 0 to 4 years)
- Nautical three-piece set, £15, Blue Zoo at Debenhams. (Available in mid-March)
- White and blue long sleeved sailor body, £25.99, Moonkids, available at Nordic Kids. (Ages 9 to 12 months)
- Shiver me timbers t-shirts, £14, Frugi. (Ages 2 to 8 years)
Raspberries, pears and strawberries – oh my! Fruit dominates t-shirts and tops this coming season, so stock on these fruity tees now.
- Applique raspberry top, £19, Frugi. (Ages 0 to 24 months)
- Pear long sleeved t-shirt, £5, George at Asda. (Available mid-March)
- Strawberry t-shirt, £19.99, Toby Tiger. (Ages 6 months – 6 years)
- Strawberry babygro, £22, Busy Peas. (Ages 0 to 18 months)
Cowboys and Indians galore this spring/ summer, so treat your little one to these charming wild west themed clothing.
- Boys cowboy braces, £12, Cath Kidston. (Ages 2 years plus)
- Indian V neck vest, £30, Cath Kidston. (Ages 1 to 6 years)
- Brown shirt, £7.44, Little Duckling. (Ages 2 to 7 years)
Bring the sunshine here with these funky Hawaiian print shirts!
- Hawaiian shirt, £10, Mothercare. (Ages 18 months to 8 years)
- Surf print t-shirt, £33.50, Molo Kids, available at Nordic Kids. (Ages 2 to 8 years)
- Hawaiian shirt, £38, Miniature.
Light denim is the choice of denim to wear this coming season. From adorable twin sets to boxy dresses, deck your little one in this trend.