Is there help for mums with disabilities?

Is there help for mums with disabilities? Midwife Nikki Khan answers your questions


Midwife Nikki says…


You’re not on your own – there are many parents who struggle with a range of disabilities. Start by asking your GP to refer you to an occupational therapist, so they can assess your individual needs.

Information charity Disability, Pregnancy and Parenthood International ( offers good advice on choosing baby equipment, plus tips from other parents in similar situations. There is also a charity called Remap, which uses volunteers to adapt everyday equipment for free – visit for more information.


Good luck!

Comments ()

Please read our Chat guidelines.