1) Pieces of meat can be hard to chew, so try minced meat in dishes like cottage pie or spaghetti bolognese.
2) Make a meat pâté by puréeing leftover meat dishes and spreading it on toast.
3) Try meat as finger food. A chicken drumstick is easy to hold and your baby can suck and chew the meat more slowly.
4) Give your baby fish, especially oily fish like salmon and mackerel, which is packed with brain-boosting omega 3 fatty acids.
- Iron: how to make sure your child eats enough
- Introducing chicken to your baby’s diet
- Introducing fish to your baby
5) Chickpeas, beans and lentils have many of the same nutrients as meat, so offer
your little one these instead.